Aadhaar card (number) and its usage
Aadhaar is a unique identity number issued by UIDAI – Unique Identification Authority of India. Aadhaar card will be issued post verification process of UIDAI. Aadhaar number is a 12 digit random number issued by UIDAI. Person wants to enrol should provide minimal demographic and biometric information during the entrolment process
which is provided by UIDAI with free of cost.
Demographic information – name, date of birth or age, gender, address, mobile number and email ID.
Biometric Information – Ten fingerprints, two iris scans and facial photograph
Unique Identification Authorirty of India’s aim is to provide Aadhaar number to every Indian to enable resident of Indians with portable identity which can be
authendicated anytime and anywhere. It can be done by electornically in quick manner.
Below mentioned services are to Aadhaar number holders and service providers
1. Aadhaar Number Verification : This helps Aadhaar holders to verify whether the Aadhar number is valid or not in the following link –
2. Email id / mobile number verification : This helps Aadhaar number holder’s registered mobile number and mail id verification in the following link –
3. Biometrics lock/unlock : This helps Aadhaar number holders to secure their biometric authentication by locking their biometircs, same is locked once cannot be used
by others, this can be done through the following link – https://resident.uidai.net.in/biometric-lock
4. Check Aadhaar and Bank account linking status : Aadhar numbers can check their Aadhaar number is linked with their bank account or not. This linking status is
fetched from NPCI (Nationsl Payments Corporation of India) server.
Aadhaar become mandatory
Aadhaar become mandatory in many services like as follows
1. New bank account opening / existing bank accounts
2. ITR filing
3. To get Gas subsidy
4. Many other services
- resident uidai net in
- https:resident uidai net in
- www resident uidai net in